We are proud to announce three staff members have earned certifications from the International Association of Exhibitions and Events™ (IAEE) and one was named to the IAEE’s 20 Under 30 program.
Alexandra Simonfay, Associate Manager, Industry Relations, Sarah Lee Bopp, Manager, Booth Sales & Operations and Kaitlin Simonfay, Associate Manager, Exhibitor Services each earned IAEE’s Certified in Exhibition Management™ (CEM) designation. The CEM is a premier mark of professional achievement, as the individuals who earn this designation are recognized as knowledgeable and dedicated professionals with a long-term commitment to the exhibitions and events industry.
In addition to completing the CEM program, Alexandra Simonfay was also named as one of IAEE’s 20 Under 30 honorees and was recognized at IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Expo! Expo! this month.
We are very proud of each of these staff members for their achievements and dedication to the industry!
“It’s critical that the pet industry pay close attention to trends in pet ownership by generation…”
– Bob Vetere, President and CEO of the American Pet Products Association
The APPA National Pet Owners Survey: Generational Report is now available and it includes everything from how each generation becomes aware of pet products to the specific types of pet products purchased, how important brand names are to each generation and more. The full report is more than 65 pages long and it’s packed with information that will give you a solid snapshot of where you need to be focusing your efforts to ensure continued growth in the industry.
Want to reach millennials searching for new pet products? You’ll find them online.
Want to reach Baby Boomers looking for pet products online? You can find them on product review sites.
Reporting data by generation has become more common across many industries in an attempt to learn how consumers behave differently according to their age, and ours is the first of its kind for the pet industry.
Specific areas of research found in the report:
- How the four generations behave differently by leisure activities they participate in
- The amount of time they spend using various media
- Veterinarian visits and the services they obtain
- Which generation is willing to spend more on their pets’ health
- Generational preference toward different types of pet foods and treats
- Which generation purchases more gifts and holds parties for their pets
- How the presence of children influences each generation
The APPA Generational Report is available for purchase for $300 for APPA members and $500 for non-members.
The Greatest Show On Earth is just four short months away. If you are still on the fence about attending, here are 10 reasons why you should:
- See more than 3,000 new products and find the ones you need to grow your business
- Work with suppliers to maximize value and increase sales
- Cash in on show specials and discounts only available at Global Pet Expo
- Find new suppliers and products to expand your merchandise mix
- Learn how to optimize product display and selections
- Discover new strategies to build brand and customer loyalty
- Improve product knowledge to enhance your relationship with customers
- Explore new ways to connect with your community and boost store traffic
- Discover how retailers reach consumers across multiple shopping channels
- Understand emerging trends that will help you thrive in 2016 and beyond
We should also remind you that the pet industry’s largest annual trade show is the size of 13 football fields. So, jump that fence. All trails lead to Global Pet Expo in 2016 and you don’t want to miss it!
For more information about Global Pet Expo visit www.globalpetexpo.org.
Halloween is typically the second most important holiday for retailers, with the average American spending at least $70 on everything from candy, to costumes, to new pet toys for their favorite four-legged friends. In fact, 78% of dog owners and 62% of cat owners purchase gifts for their pets throughout the year, according to our latest National Pet Owners Survey. Watch as pet lifestyle expert, Tierra Bonaldi, provides ideas and tips on how to leverage the Halloween season for your pet retail business.
Looking for more episodes? Find them on the Global Pet Expo YouTube channel.