Registration for the 2nd Annual Pet Industry Leadership Conference is now open!
Join us for an excellent line up of speakers, breakout sessions and networking opportunities, all against the backdrop of the California coastline at Laguna Beach.
Attended by nearly 300 of the pet industry’s leading voices and thought leaders whose achievements are celebrated worldwide, this conference brings all segments of the pet industry together to a beautiful beachfront setting where the emphasis is on problem solving, not selling.
The event’s keynote speakers include Chris Kuehl, Managing Director of Armada Corporate Intelligence, Nathan Richter, Partner at Wakefield Research, Troy Hazard, serial entrepreneur and Josh Linkner, business owner and founder. And the learning continues with breakout sessions that allow for deep dives into critical topics for the pet industry like Effectively Controlling Price Erosion and a Shelter Population Study with reliable data on the number of dogs and cats in shelters.
The cool vibe of the Southern California Coast is the perfect backdrop to a week of collaboration, harmony and inspiration. Check out the schedule of events and download the Registration Form today!
With the release of Finding Dory boosting interest in fish keeping, the Pet Leadership Council (PLC) wants to make sure people are educated on the care needs of a specific pet before getting one. For example, the blue tang fish, like Dory herself, can grow up to 17 inches, requires an aquarium the size of a couch and can’t be grown for pets, they have to be taken from the ocean.Here are some core principles that back the pet industry’s commitment to responsible fishkeeping:
- Promote and advance aquaculture efforts for captive breeding of all marine life
- Establish standards for responsible and sustainable collection and handling of all marine life
- Celebrate the educational and health benefits associated with fish keeping
- Educate consumers on responsible fish keeping
Part of being a responsible fish keeper is selecting the right fish and appropriate aquarium, understanding proper care instructions and preventing invasive species. To help educate consumers on these topics, the PLC launched a new website that includes a fun, interactive game to teach proper fishkeeping.
PLC members are also actively supporting the work of Rising Tide Conservation, whose mission is to protect coral reefs.
For other educational resources and guidelines for selecting the right fish, please visit Disney or Habitattitude.
“It’s critical that the pet industry pay close attention to trends in pet ownership by generation…”
– Bob Vetere, President and CEO of the American Pet Products Association
The APPA National Pet Owners Survey: Generational Report is now available and it includes everything from how each generation becomes aware of pet products to the specific types of pet products purchased, how important brand names are to each generation and more. The full report is more than 65 pages long and it’s packed with information that will give you a solid snapshot of where you need to be focusing your efforts to ensure continued growth in the industry.
Want to reach millennials searching for new pet products? You’ll find them online.
Want to reach Baby Boomers looking for pet products online? You can find them on product review sites.
Reporting data by generation has become more common across many industries in an attempt to learn how consumers behave differently according to their age, and ours is the first of its kind for the pet industry.
Specific areas of research found in the report:
- How the four generations behave differently by leisure activities they participate in
- The amount of time they spend using various media
- Veterinarian visits and the services they obtain
- Which generation is willing to spend more on their pets’ health
- Generational preference toward different types of pet foods and treats
- Which generation purchases more gifts and holds parties for their pets
- How the presence of children influences each generation
The APPA Generational Report is available for purchase for $300 for APPA members and $500 for non-members.
The Greatest Show On Earth is just four short months away. If you are still on the fence about attending, here are 10 reasons why you should:
- See more than 3,000 new products and find the ones you need to grow your business
- Work with suppliers to maximize value and increase sales
- Cash in on show specials and discounts only available at Global Pet Expo
- Find new suppliers and products to expand your merchandise mix
- Learn how to optimize product display and selections
- Discover new strategies to build brand and customer loyalty
- Improve product knowledge to enhance your relationship with customers
- Explore new ways to connect with your community and boost store traffic
- Discover how retailers reach consumers across multiple shopping channels
- Understand emerging trends that will help you thrive in 2016 and beyond
We should also remind you that the pet industry’s largest annual trade show is the size of 13 football fields. So, jump that fence. All trails lead to Global Pet Expo in 2016 and you don’t want to miss it!
For more information about Global Pet Expo visit www.globalpetexpo.org.
With pet spending higher than ever at an estimated $58.5 billion and continued growth expected with each passing year, much of this can be attributed to product manufacturers who provide owners with new and innovative products. Each year, Pet Business magazine honors the industry’s biggest standout products with their Pet Business Industry Recognition Awards, and the winners are in! Now in their 12th year, Pet Business editors select the winners after scouring the industry for the best and brightest products on the market in several categories for pets of all types.
We congratulate all of our award-winning members! To view all of the 2014 winners, visit here.
Come Visit the APPA booth at SuperZoo!
Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas
July 22-24, 2014
Stop by the American Pet Products Association Booth #5108 to hear the latest industry news and APPA member benefits, and most importantly, to check out the Global Pet Expo 2015 floor plan and reserve your booth!
SuperZoo is just around the corner and we are excited to be on the other side of things and attend as exhibitors. If you’re attending the show as well, it’s a great opportunity to stop by the APPA booth and talk with the staff one-on-one. Get all your questions answered in regards to APPA membership and see the latest efforts of APPA to further the pet industry as a whole and see which industry initiatives you too can be a part of. Flip through the biggest, most comprehensive survey on pet ownership, the National Pet Owners Survey, and view the 2015 Global Pet Expo floor plan and talk with our experts about which location is best for you. Booth spaces really fill up fast so don’t miss out on this opportunity to sign up right from the SuperZoo show floor.
Again, if you’re going to be roaming the show floor, come see us! Stop by Booth #5108 and let’s chat about truly unleashing your business potential! We hope to see you there!
Houston, the latest Pets Add Life video has landed! Watch as this talkative mouse realizes the gravity of his situation when he goes where no mouse has gone before in search of a pal to talk to.
To view more videos from Pets Add Life, visit the campaign’s YouTube Channel.