“It’s critical that the pet industry pay close attention to trends in pet ownership by generation…”
– Bob Vetere, President and CEO of the American Pet Products Association
The APPA National Pet Owners Survey: Generational Report is now available and it includes everything from how each generation becomes aware of pet products to the specific types of pet products purchased, how important brand names are to each generation and more. The full report is more than 65 pages long and it’s packed with information that will give you a solid snapshot of where you need to be focusing your efforts to ensure continued growth in the industry.
Want to reach millennials searching for new pet products? You’ll find them online.
Want to reach Baby Boomers looking for pet products online? You can find them on product review sites.
Reporting data by generation has become more common across many industries in an attempt to learn how consumers behave differently according to their age, and ours is the first of its kind for the pet industry.
Specific areas of research found in the report:
- How the four generations behave differently by leisure activities they participate in
- The amount of time they spend using various media
- Veterinarian visits and the services they obtain
- Which generation is willing to spend more on their pets’ health
- Generational preference toward different types of pet foods and treats
- Which generation purchases more gifts and holds parties for their pets
- How the presence of children influences each generation
The APPA Generational Report is available for purchase for $300 for APPA members and $500 for non-members.